Due to the enamel filling process, all pins are subject to minor flaws and imperfections. I quality check all pins before sending them out, but please keep this in mind before ordering!
The highest standard of pins - they may have minor flaws in less conspicuous areas, such as:
- minor metal discoloration
- one or two small dust specks
- small areas of under- or over-filled enamel
- minor scuffs on the enamel or metal
- flaws such as discoloration on the back - the back does not factor into A-grading.
Pins with flaws that are more conspicuous or in a larger surface area. These pins are still wearable as the flaws are generally not heavy enough to be noticeable at a distance. Examples of issues include:
- stains instead of dust specks, especially in focal areas of the design
- bent post(s)
- large and/or drastic areas of metal discoloration or oxidation
- noticeable under- or over-filled areas, that may result in flooded over lines
- noticeable scuffs and scratches
- incorrect coloration in one or two small areas
Occassionally I receive pins with much more severe problems, e.g. missing an entire larger section of enamel. I generally do not have these available, but you may inquire if you are interested in purchasing one.